SAN FRANCISCO, August 14, 2019 – The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced today that enrollment is now open for the new DevOps and SRE Fundamentals – Implementing Continuous Delivery eLearning course. The course will help an organization be more agile, deliver features rapidly, while at the same time being able to achieve non-functional requirements such as availability, reliability, scalability, security, etc.
According to Chris Aniszczyk, CTO of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, “The rise of cloud native computing and site reliability engineering are changing the way applications are built, tested, and deployed. The past few years have seen a shift towards having Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) on staff instead of just plain old sysadmins; building familiarity with SRE principles and continuous delivery open source projects are an excellent career investment.”
The open containers ecosystem with Docker and Kubernetes at the forefront is revolutionizing software delivery. Developed by Gourav Shah, founder of the School of Devops, the DevOps and SRE Fundamentals – Implementing Continuous Delivery (LFS261) course introduces learners to the fundamentals of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) within an open container ecosystem. The course takes a project-based approach to help learners understand and implement key practices.
Software Developers– will learn how to deliver software safer, faster and reliably
Quality Analysts– will learn how to set up automated testing, leverage disposable environments, and integrate it with CI tools such as Jenkins and Docker
Operations Engineers, System Administrators, DevOps/SRE practitioners-will learn how to reliably deploy software and securely manage production environments.
Build and Release Engineers– will learn how to deploy software safely and continuously.
DevOps and SRE Fundamentals – Implementing Continuous Delivery teaches the skills to deploy software with confidence, agility and high reliability using modern practices such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, and tools such as git, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, and Spinnaker.
This video-based course teaches the following:
- What Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery is and why they are needed
- How the container ecosystem is revolutionizing software delivery and the role played by Docker and Kubernetes
- How to use Git and GitHub for revision control and to support collaborative development
- How to install and configure Jenkins as a Continuous Integration platform
- How to write a pipeline-as-a-code using a declarative syntax with Jenkinsfiles
- How to create and enforce development workflows as code reviews
- How to standardize application packaging and distribution with Docker and Docker Registry
- Continuous Deployment and Delivery, and how they compare with Continuous Integration
- How to use Kubernetes to deploy applications with high availability, scalability and resilience
- How to use Spinnaker to set up multi-cloud deployment pipelines
- How to safely release software with Blue/Green, Highlander, and Canary release strategies.
The 2018 Open Source Jobs Report from Dice and the Linux Foundation highlighted the strong popularity of DevOps practices, along with cloud and container technologies. DevOps skills are in high demand, and DevOps jobs are among the highest paid tech jobs. This online eLearning course allows participants to be at the forefront of revolutionary technology advancements and ahead of the learning curve.
DevOps and SRE Fundamentals – Implementing Continuous Delivery is available for $299. Visit here to learn more details.